Wednesday, October 13, 2010

College Life!!!

It's the first time that I have been living on my own. And the crazier part about it is that I am halfway across the country from my family. I came to Rexburg, Idaho all the way from Mentor, Ohio to attend school at Brigham Young University- Idaho. I am majoring in Elementary Education and I am so excited. I am taking some classes right now that are required for my major, so it's nice that I am not only taking generals. I am taking Child Development and History and Philosophy of Education. I really enjoy child development, I think that it is probably my favorite class out of all the classes I am taking. MY ROOMIES; Jessica (from Boise, Idaho), Camila (from Peru, 23, served a mission in Colombia), and Brooklyn (some funny sounding city in Washington state). They are so great! I am so blessed to have such great rommies my very first semester! :) I cannot forget Katherine (from the place Brooklyn came from) and Kylee (from where Jessica is from)...they are basically our roommates too because they are always in our living room or rooms just hanging out and talking about life. 
 This is us except Camila (from the left); Jessica, Kylee, Katherine, me, and Brooklyn. They are so much fun to be around and it's so awesome because we feel so comfortable with each other. If you were to walk into our place, you would often hear things like "Shut Up" or "I Hate You". I love it! <3 Even though I am having a ton of fun here, I get homesick and cry. I miss my family so much, but we skype often, which is great because I will enjoy Head-Shoulders-Knees and Toes from my nearly 3 year old brother, Ian. And when I don't get that, I get my sister Sydney smiling so big back at me with what looks like a wig on top of her head, but really isn't. The doctor says that she has the hair of a 3 year old...she will be 1 later this month.
Sydney and I

Ian
Sydney's Adoption
From Left; Our adoption caseworker: Spencer, Dad, Ian, Me, Judge, Mom, and Sydney
   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to Blog


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones