Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving :)

I had an entire week off of school for Thanksgiving Break and it was a lot of fun. I went to Utah to spend time with my family (my Father's side). Everyone was there which was so neat because I haven't seen them for a very long time. My grandparents reside in a little town called Richfield about 2 hours away from Salt Lake. When I was there I got to ride their four wheeler, spend time with family, and eat some great food. Above are my cousins Mikenzi and Parker. They were eating whipped cream (I think). We had a lot of fun and we ate a lot of really yummy food. We had Ham, Turkey, Potatoes (both sweet and regular), we had a fruit tray, vegetables, and my very favorite part...Stuffing!! It was excellent. I tend to not care very much for stuffing with meat in it, so I was pretty happy that my grandma did not put any meat in there :) My grandma gave me this really yummy recipe for an orange sauce that goes really well with Ham.

Orange Sauce

1 cup Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1 Tablespoon Flour
Stir in 1 1/4 cups Orange Juice
Add
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup water
Cook over low heat, cook until boils
Cook 3 min.
Remove from heat add:
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Teaspoon grated orange rind
1 Teaspoon grated lemon rind
(works well without rind as well)
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to Blog


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones